Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What I've Learned Today

I wish that FL and MI could have their delegates seated and counted at the DNC in August.

However...

I am so fucking sick of the Clinton campaign claiming that FL and MI must have their delegates seated and counted towards the democratic nomination.

The problem here is pretty obvious to me. FL and MI knew the rules, and yet they still chose to break them by moving their primaries ahead of Feb 5th. Clinton and Obama both, knowing the rules, agreed and made statements that they felt the rules must be upheld. They both agreed that the delegates would go uncounted should the states move their primaries.

On top of this, as was reported on DailyKos sometime last week, "Of the committee's 30 members, a near-majority of 12 were Clinton supporters. All of them—most notably strategist Harold Ickes—voted for Florida's full disenfranchisement."

I can't believe that this is still being discussed. She sealed her own fate by prematurely assuming that she would have this nomination wrapped up, and subsequently making mistake after mistake and generally running a terrible campaign.

The end.

0 comments: